(originally written December 7, 2005)DAIRY ISLE:
After a day of hard work and giving my full efforts at my job I took the time, after my wife ordered me, to go to the grocery store to pick up some provisions. As I was perusing the isles I came to the dairy section. Pass the milk, the yogurt and the sour cream was the cheese section.
The cheese section being the most revered section in the supermarket has become quite a difficult section in recent years with the onslaught of new cheese variations, old cheese’s variations, and cheese’s mixed with jalapeƱos which I consider the Studebaker of the cheese world. Sadly, the most over looked cheese in the cheese world today is Gouda.
Gouda over the years has never faltered, never bowed down to trends. Sure you may find a “light” Gouda, but do you ever see a “Sharp” Gouda, or a “Mild” Gouda, or even a Gouda shaped like John Travolta? Huh? NO! Gouda has never changed. It is still wrapped in the crazy edible wax wrap, and it still tastes like Oak. WOOD BABY. That’s right? You want to eat cheese that taste’s like wood what do you think about? Gouda!
After a day of hard work and giving my full efforts at my job I took the time, after my wife ordered me, to go to the grocery store to pick up some provisions. As I was perusing the isles I came to the dairy section. Pass the milk, the yogurt and the sour cream was the cheese section.
The cheese section being the most revered section in the supermarket has become quite a difficult section in recent years with the onslaught of new cheese variations, old cheese’s variations, and cheese’s mixed with jalapeƱos which I consider the Studebaker of the cheese world. Sadly, the most over looked cheese in the cheese world today is Gouda.
Gouda over the years has never faltered, never bowed down to trends. Sure you may find a “light” Gouda, but do you ever see a “Sharp” Gouda, or a “Mild” Gouda, or even a Gouda shaped like John Travolta? Huh? NO! Gouda has never changed. It is still wrapped in the crazy edible wax wrap, and it still tastes like Oak. WOOD BABY. That’s right? You want to eat cheese that taste’s like wood what do you think about? Gouda!